1. Belief in the existence and unicity of God (Allah).
2. Belief in the existence of Angels.
3. Belief in the existence of the books of which God is the author: The Quran being the last of them revealed to Muhammad, the Gospel is revealed to Jesus and the Torah to Moses.
4. Belief in the existence of Prophets: Muhammad being the last of them, Jesus the penultimate, and Moses sent before them.
5. Belief in the existence of the Day of Judgment Day: in that day, humanity will be divided into two groups: that of paradise and that of hell. These groups are themselves composed of subgroups.
6.Belief in the existence of God’s predestination, whether it involves good or bad.
Of these, the first five are mentioned together in the Qur’an and by Muhammad, while including a corollary of belief in Allah – the good and evil of fate ordained by God – has referred to all six together in the following manner in the Hadith of Gabriel:
“Iman is that you believe in God and His Angels and His Books and His Messengers and the Hereafter and the good and evil fate [ordained by your God].”